The National Marine Aquarium is hosting a special experience, which lets you feed Friday, their green sea turtle, from the top of the UK’s deepest tank!
Ahead of the public launch on Friday, 6 October 2023, the National Marine Aquarium is giving you the chance to win a Feed the Turtle experience for you and three other guests. Sign up on the National Marine Aquarium website to enter.
Included in the experience is
- An introduction to our food preparation area and how we feed our 5000 animals.
- Preparation of Friday’s tasty lunch, participants 18+ are only permitted to use our knives.
- A overview of our seagrass work and the link to Turtle’s natural diet of seagrass in the wild.
- Animal introduction with our Supervisor in front of the Atlantic Ocean Tank.
- Explanation and populating of the ‘Feeding Record Sheet’ after weighing Friday’s food.
- A demonstration of the equipment we use to feed Friday and the importance of ‘operant conditioning’.
- 15 minutes feeding Friday!