Have you ever had an idea to help protect and conserve the nature in, around, or near Plymouth Sound but not had the contacts, funds or platform to make your idea a reality? Well now is the time to spring into action to make your idea a reality!
We want to know your ideas for things that you or someone else (eg a community group, a charity, a formal organisation etc) could do which will have a positive impact on marine nature and wildlife.
Your ideas will help us to identify, select and fund a range of projects in the next phase of the National Marine Park development which runs until 2028.
What will considered?
We are open to supporting a wide variety of activities, from saltmarsh restoration, to more sustainable fishing, to pollution prevention, to working with people to change behaviours, and much more. You tell us what you think needs to be done.
We are looking for all kinds of projects that could be carried out under, on or close to the water. But remember the main focus must be to protect or improve nature and wildlife.
The following questions may help you think in more detail about your idea, and for large projects we would expect this level of detail. However, we don’t expect you to answer each question.
- What do you want to do?
- Where do you want to do it?
- Why do you think the project is needed?
- What resources do you have to do it (including funding from other sources – expected for large projects)?
- Who would lead the project?
- Who else do you need to help you to implement your project, and why do you need additional support?
- What difference will your project make to nature and to your community?
- Is this a new idea or have you already been working on it?
How to submit your idea
Writing to us at Plymouth Sound National Marine Park, Ballard House, West Hoe Road, Plymouth, PL1 3BJ
Emailing us at NMPhorizon@plymouth.gov.uk
DM us a short video explaining your idea on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram via @PlymSoundNMP.
Closing date for idea submission is Sunday 5 February 2023